Friday, October 16, 2009

Review: Dove White Beauty Bar


If you have dry skin (like yours truly) this soap will
change your life!! I hear you. You're asking, soap, on my face? Unlikely.

It's true! I've been so frustrated with my 21-year-old skin that thinks it's 81. I start the day out with a facial scrub, so the dry flakes are gone, and a good moisturizer. And my face looks bright and dewy. But then by the time I get home at night, I have little crusty spots on my face! And when I wash my face before bed, I can never seem to apply enough moisturizer. It keeps tightening up on me.

Well yesterday, I hit my frustration quota. I read some reviews online for good face washes for dry skin, and Dove's Beauty Bar seemed to take the cake. What really sold me was it's dirt cheap and says "1/4 moisturizing cream" on the package. Score!

I could hardly wait to wash my face last night (that's a first). And it was worth the wait! As soon as I rinsed my face off, I could feel that it was different. It didn't even feel like my skin anymore! It was supple and insanely soft. I couldn't stop touching my face! Good thing "Mr. Green" was asleep because he would've thought I'd finally lost it....

I was still excited to wash my face this morning. Still soft and supple. And I barely felt like I needed to apply moisturizer! And when I got home tonight? No flakes!
Crazy. I've tried lots of face washes that were supposed to help dry skin (Cetaphil, St. Ives Olive Cleanser, etc.) but they've never made my skin feel any different. I can't believe that a measly bar of soap (that costs about a dollar!) could change the moisture levels of my skin in one day.

GO BUY IT RIGHT NOW, ALL YOU CRAZY KIDS WITH OLD-LADY SKIN!

(Just fyi, I tried this product and wrote this post of my own volition. I really do LOOOOVE IT!)

No comments:

Post a Comment